Epic Rides respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This policy outlines how we handle the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Our policy is guided by the provincial and federal privacy laws applicable in British Columbia, Canada.
What Information Do We Collect?
In the course of conducting business with you, Epic Rides will collect information from you such as: your name, title, company or organization, address, telephone number, fax number, email address. If you participate in our surveys or contests, your survey opinion and submissions for our contests will be collected. If you provide your resume to us through, for instance we will also collect this information.
On our web site, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and cookies. Your “IP address” is a unique 32-bit numeric address that distinguishes your computer from another computer. “Cookies” are small text files that contain information about you, such as your user name and password, which are stored on the web browser of your computer. Epic Rides uses a high encryption algorithm on its cookies so that only our server can read and decrypt the contents within it and other parties will not be able to access such information.
What Privacy Principles Are Followed By Epic Rides?
Epic Rides is responsible for ensuring the protection of the information you have provided to us.
2. Why Do We Collect Your Information?
We collect information from you for the following reasons:
- to provide information on our products and services that may be of interest to you; to contact you, when necessary, regarding issues concerning your use of our products and services;
- to obtain information about your use of our products and services, potentially through a survey to better understand your needs, as input to future product development plans;
- to obtain information about your qualifications and skills if you submit your resume to us for the purposes of applying for a position with Epic Rides; and the information may be legally required.
Use of Third-Party Services and Plugins
Our website incorporates functionality provided by third-party services and plugins to enhance your browsing experience. These services may include social sharing features, allowing you to share content directly from our website to your social media platforms.
While we do not directly track user data through these services and plugins, they may interact with third-party services that could track user data. These interactions can occur in two ways:
- Embedded Widgets: Some features on our website integrate embedded widgets from third-party services, such as social media buttons. These services might track user data.
- Third-party APIs/Connections: Certain plugins on our website may send requests to third-party APIs via your web browser to fetch information. This request may include your IP address, which can then be seen by the third-party that it’s being requested from.
Please note that these plugins do not store any data fetched on their own servers, nor do they share that data with any third party. They operate entirely on our website and store the data in our website’s database.
3. Obtaining Your Consent
We will, however, respect your choice not to be contacted.
4. Limiting Collection
Epic Rides only collects information about you that is necessary to achieve the purposes identified in this policy.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Epic Rides will use the information you provide only for the purposes identified in this policy. We will not use this information for any other purpose unless we have obtained your consent. Epic Rides will only disclose information about you to its affiliated companies, distributors, and to authorized agents that assist us in performing our functions for the limited purposes listed above. Our agents may include companies and individuals that deliver packages, provide marketing assistance and process credit card transactions.
We will not sell or otherwise disclose the information collected from you to other third parties, except in those limited cases where we are legally required to do so (such as in response to a court order, or disclosure to a public body to assist in an investigation). We will retain the information that we have collected from you only so long as it is necessary to achieve our stated purposes or if it is legally required that we retain such information.
6. Ensuring Accuracy
Epic Rides will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information we collect from you is accurate and complete. If you notice any errors in the information that we have collected from you or wish to update your information, please notify your Epic Rides contact or email scott@EpicRides.ca You can advise us as to where you saw the incorrect information so that we can then correct or update such information.
Epic Rides will protect personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Individual Access to Information
If you require access to your own information, please write to us by fax, email or post, with your request. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving your request.
9. Compliance and Complaints
#701 – 1260 Harwood Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 1S4